No-Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Granola Bars
If You Can Make Rice Krispies Treats, You Can Make These Granola Bars
Chewy granola bars might seem like something made with food science alchemy, but they're actually quite easy to DIY. This easy no-bake recipe combines two favorite flavors — chocolate and peanut butter — into one tidy package. A great portable snack, they're perfect for a busy family on the go.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
From Cincy Shopper
- 2 cups quick oats
2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 cup peanuts
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter morsels
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving excess on each side.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine quick oats, cereal, and peanuts.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together peanut butter, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Microwave for about a minute, or until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients, and mix thoroughly. Then add half of the peanut butter morsels and chocolate chips, mixing thoroughly to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared pan, and press it down evenly into the pan using a soft spatula or second pan lined with wax paper. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and peanut butter morsels evenly on top, and press them down slightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and then cut bars using a sharp knife. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Granola
- 6 servings
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds