Ayesha Curry is a pro at entertaining, and she recently shared some of her tips on how to throw an unforgettable holiday party with Sunset magazine. At the top of the list is, of course, the food, and there's a nearly endless list of ideas from Ayesha's cookbook, The Seasoned Life. Out of all the recipes that Ayesha and Amanda Haas, culinary director for Williams-Sonoma, share, these holiday smoothies are a true standout. "I created this on the fly when I wanted something sweet and nondairy," Ayesha said. This vegan smoothie tastes even better than eggnog and comes together in mere seconds. Take your taste buds on a holiday vacation by whipping up these sweet smoothies for breakfast or brunch.
- 4 bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 8 medjool dates, pitted, coarsely chopped, and frozen
- 3 cups canned coconut milk, chilled
- About 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- In a blender, whirl bananas, dates, coconut milk, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg until bananas are smooth and dates are finely chopped.
- Pour into 10 chilled 4-ounce glasses and top each with a pinch of nutmeg.
- North American
- Serves 10