Gear up for the next time you host game day with this insane bloomin' pull-apart onion bread. Or, really, for the next time you go anywhere with humans that like food. No one will be able to resist the combination of garlic, butter, onions, and cheese when you bring this bad boy through the door!
- 22-ounce bread boule
- 16-ounce Monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup crispy onions, lightly crushed
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crispy onions, whole
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice the bread boule lengthwise and widthwise in 1 to 1 1/2 inch slices, stopping 1/4 inch from the bottom to create a cross-hatch design, and place the bread on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Insert slices of cheese into each of the cuts, breaking off the excess cheese so it's not sticking out. Sprinkle crushed crispy onions into the nooks and crannies.
- Add spices to melted butter, and drizzle spiced butter evenly over the bread.
- Add half of the green onions and loosely cover with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove foil cover, add remaining crispy onions, and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with remaining green onions.
- Appetizers, Breads/Crackers
- North American
- 8 to 10 Servings