Who says you can't have pasta for breakfast? Well, now you can with this easy recipe filled with pantry staples that's going to change your morning routine. While this recipe is appropriate for a weekend brunch or as a fast and easy weeknight dinner, we also recommend making it to carbo-load before a big run.
- 1/2 pound capellini or spaghetti pasta
6 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
2 tablespoons scallions, diced
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1 tablespoon butter
2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water, and set it aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until the fat has rendered and the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the pasta, scallions, cherry tomatoes, and reserved pasta water to the skillet, and cook until the liquid has absorbed into the pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Into another skillet, melt butter. Add eggs, and fry sunny side up, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide pasta among 2 plates. Top each with a fried egg, and garnish with parmigiano-reggiano.
- 2 servings
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds