Our partner Foodbeast shares breaking food news, trendsetting recipes, and more with us. Today, Charisma Madarang shares a new way of eating breakfast, dubbed pigs in a Jacuzzi. Just mute the video if you're playing it at work, because it takes food porn to an audio level.
A few weeks ago we stumbled upon this morning gem. The simplicity of bread + eggs + cheese instantly appealed to both Pinterest lurkers and the less culinary inclined. If you've got a knife, spoon, and oven (a toaster oven will work, too), this "breakfast hack" can be broken down into a few quick steps:
- Lightly indent a square in the middle of your piece of toast using a knife and spoon.
- Crack an egg into the shallow hole or "jacuzzi."
- Sprinkle on cheese. If you're trying to be extra fancy, sprinkle on bacon that's already been cooked and chopped.
- Place in the oven for 10 min at 325°F.
- Eat it like a pizza and use your hands, or eat it like a sir with a fork and knife.
We ended up trying the recipe for ourselves one Friday afternoon, and we nearly swooned ourselves. The cheese-laden toast soaks up the egg. When you take a bite, the melty, eggy bread meets the salty crunch from the bacon. The complete savoriness of the entire thing is beautiful enough to make you cry and swear off cold, heartless cereal forever.
Learn how to make it in the above video, but warning: if you're at work, watch it on mute. Enjoy!
More stories from Foodbeast:
Taco Bell Drops New Dr. Pepper Vanilla Float
REAL: Cheddar Bacon Goldfish
Sunny Delight Launches Caffeine- and Taurine-Free Energy Drink Called SunnyD X
Nice: Rainbow-Laden Lucky Charms 'Comes Out' For Gay Pride Month