Have you ever been about to cook up a whole batch of pancakes but realized you were out of pancake mix? Meg from What's Up Moms will show you how to save the day with this hack for making pancakes out of cake mix! Not only are they fluffy and sweet, but they're also the best combination of yellow and red velvet cake swirled together. You may not even need syrup for this stack! For more breakfast recipes, check out these ridiculously fluffy Japanese pancakes and these jelly doughnut pancakes.
- 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup flour, divided
- 3/4 cup red velvet cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk, divided
- 2 eggs, divided
- Plain Greek yogurt, for topping
- Handful of blueberries, for topping
- Mix the yellow cake mix and half of the flour together with a whisk. In a separate bowl, mix the red velvet cake mix and remaining flour together in a bowl.
- Split the milk and eggs between the two pancake mixtures and whisk to combine, until largely lump-free.
- Grease pan or griddle and start cooking the yellow batter. Scoop in the red batter and swirl together. These pancakes should be cooked at a very low temperature (especially if using red velvet, which browns quickly).
- Top with blueberries and Greek yogurt. Add maple syrup to Greek yogurt if desired. Serve immediately.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles
- 6 pancakes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes