No, there are no insects involved in grasshopper pie. We're not sure why this mint-chocolate pie obtained the name it did, but we do know that these mint-green miniature pies are a festive way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The mason jars make it easy to transport the pie; simply screw on the tops and garnish the pies with whipped cream when you're ready to serve.
Crush Oreo cookies to create the chocolate pie crust, and top each jar with a hefty scoop of minty, marshmallowy filling. Garnish the mason jars with a tall peak of whipped cream, a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips, and a mint leaf.
- 1/2 bag Double Stuf Oreos
6 (8-ounce) mason jars
2 (7-ounce) jars marshmallow fluff
1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip
3 ounces crème de menthe
1-2 drops green food coloring
1 (6-1/2 ounce) can of Reddi-wip whipped cream
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
1 bunch fresh mint, leaves only
- Chop Oreos in a food processor until finely ground. Spoon 3 tablespoons of ground Oreos into each mason jar. Use the back end of an ice cream scoop to firmly press and pack the cookie crumbs.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip marshmallow fluff, Cool Whip, crème de menthe, and green food coloring together until well-combined. Set in freezer for 1 hour.
- Spoon 3 ice cream scoops (about 3/4 cup) of grasshopper filling into each mason jar. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- When ready to serve, garnish each mason jar with whipped cream, 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips, and one mint leaf.
- Desserts, Pies/Tarts
- North American
- Serves 5