What's better than doughnut holes? Delicious, cute-as-a-button hedgehog doughnut holes! This treat is not only Instagram-worthy, it's also incredibly easy to make. All you need is biscuit dough, oil, sugar, and chocolate to make these little woodland critters. Breakfast just got so much cuter! For more fun recipes, check out our unicorn Oreo pops and pigs in a bagel.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (1-pound) can biscuit dough
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup brown chocolate sprinkles
- Heat oil in a deep fryer, heavy-bottomed dutch oven or skillet until it reaches 350ºF.
- Cut biscuits into quarters, and then deep-fry them for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Use an oil strainer or spider to remove them from the oil and transfer them to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil.
- While they're still warm, roll the doughnut holes in granulated sugar.
- Dip half of the doughnut holes into melted chocolate and cover in sprinkles. Use a toothpick dipped in the melted chocolate to draw the eyes and nose.
- Enjoy immediately!
- Desserts, Doughnuts
- 3-5 servings
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes