Olive Garden has given us many delicious gems over the years: unlimited breadsticks, comforting lasagna, and perhaps our very favorite, toasted miniravioli! They're as mouthwatering as they are easy, and you can whip these bite-size treats up in a matter of minutes when you have guests come over!
- Vegetable oil for frying
1 egg plus 1 yolk, beaten
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
Pinch black pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 16-ounce package refrigerated ravioli
5 tablespoons parmesan, grated
1/4 cup basil, chiffonade
1/2 cup marinaria sauce
- In a heavy-bottomed stock pot, heat oil to approximately 350ºF. You can tell if the oil is ready by dropping in a small pinch of flour; it should start to sizzle and fry right away.
- Whisk together egg, egg yolk, and buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together basil, garlic powder, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- And finally add flour to a third bowl.
- Working in batches, dip ravioli in flour, egg mixture, and then breadcrumbs.
- Immediately place into the hot oil and fry for approximately 30 seconds on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle immediately with a pinch of sea salt.
- Top ravioli with parmesan and basil and serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping.
- North American
- 6 to 10 servings
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds