Roasted asparagus on its own is pretty great, but roasted asparagus wrapped in pancetta is on another level. This two-ingredient recipe couldn't be easier, and it makes for a crowd-pleasing appetizer, side dish, or dinner-party snack, especially during Spring when asparagus is in season.
You can roast, grill, or broil this asparagus, depending on your preference — it's nearly impossible to mess up.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 14 slices pancetta, thinly sliced (the thinner the better, as it will cook quicker)
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Tightly wrap each asparagus spear in a slice of pancetta. Place on a platter and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the asparagus is browned and the pancetta is crispy.
- Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!
- Vegetables, Appetizers
- North American
- 6 servings