What's better than a steaming mug of hot chocolate on a cold day? Peppermint cookie cups shaped like little mugs of chocolate goodness. Mint and chocolate fans, prepare to be obsessed with this creation! Filled to the brim with fudgy frosting and topped with crushed candies and tiny little marshmallows, this dessert is perfect for any holiday party.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening Baking Sticks
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 piping bag filled with chocolate frosting
Crushed peppermint candies, for garnish
Micro marshmallows, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl until blended.
- Beat shortening and sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Blend in egg, milk, and vanilla. Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- Form dough into 1 tablespoon-size balls and press into mini muffin tin and up the side to create a cup. Repeat this step until you’ve filled each tin.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until very light golden brown. Cool completely.
- To create the handle: break off the loops from pretzels and attach to the sides of the cookie cups using chocolate frosting.
- To decorate: Pipe chocolate frosting into cups. Sprinkle with peppermint and marshmallows.
- Desserts, Cookies
- 3 dozen
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds