Brace yourself: Fall is coming. What better way to celebrate than with a pumpkin pie fidget spinner? Combine this year's most buzzed-about toy with the ultimate Fall dessert for a little stress-relieving magic! Pumpkin pies will never be the same again.
- 2 (9-inch) frozen pie doughs, thawed
1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 mini breadsticks, cut in thirds
- Using a fidget spinner cookie cutter, cut out 4 fidget spinners. Use a small leaf cookie cutter to cut out 12 leaves; use a piping tip to cut out 8 round bearings and remove the center from each fidget spinner. Remove excess dough and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- From another piece of thawed dough, cut out 4 12-inch strips and 4 1/4-inch strips.
- Remove the fidget spinners and other dough details from the fridge. Using egg wash, seal the edges of each 1/4-inch strip of dough together and add to the center of each fidget spinner, patting down and sealing with more egg wash. Use a utensil to make the center holes a little larger, as they'll shrink when baked.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush egg wash onto the edges of each fidget spinner and line with 12-inch dough strips. Seal the edges and brush all of the seams with more egg wash.
- Prick holes into the fidget spinners and bearings. Using a knife, carve out leaf details. Bake for 15 minutes, removing the leaves and bearings after 6 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, prepare the filling. Mix the pumpkin pie filling and melted coconut oil and put into a piping bag.
- Pipe icing into the center of the fidget spinners and add one leaf to each arm of the fidget spinners. Dip 4 mini breadsticks into melted caramel and stick onto 4 bearings. Once the caramel has hardened, thread the bearings through the center holes of the fidget spinners and use melted caramel to stick the remaining bearings onto the clean side of the mini breadsticks. Let harden and serve with whipped cream. Enjoy!
- Desserts, Pies/Tarts
- 4 fidget spinners