Nothing is more refreshing on a hot Summer day than cool and creamy ice cream. What could make it better? Making it rainbow no-churn Skittles ice cream! This treat packs a tangy punch and looks so pretty you'll want to snap a few Instagram-worthy shots before it melts. Each spoonful serves up a blend of fruity flavors that will help you cool off on a hot day.
- For Skittles syrup:
- 1/3 cup red Skittles
- 1/3 cup orange Skittles
- 1/3 cup yellow Skittles
- 1/3 cup green Skittles
- 1/3 cup purple Skittles
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon each Kool-Aid powder in red, orange, yellow, green, and purple
- For ice cream:
- 2 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- To make Skittles syrup: In a small saucepan, combine each color Skittles with the water. Bring to a simmer until the Skittles are completely dissolved and the mixture has reduced by half, about 3-4 minutes.
- Allow to cool and add corresponding Kool-Aid powder. Mix until dissolved.
- To make ice cream: Combine cooled Skittles syrup with 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream and salt and whip together until the mixture has soft peaks. Gently fold in 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk.
- Freeze all 5 flavors separately for about 5 minutes to allow the ice cream to firm a bit.
- To assemble: Using a spoon, gently spoon 1 mixture at a time into a cake pan or any other vessel you'd like to use for this ice cream. Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours. Scoop all 5 flavors together for swirl effect, and dig in!
- Desserts, Ice cream
- 4-6 servings
- Cook Time
- 3 Hours