This hands-off recipe from The Magical Slow Cooker is your ticket to seasonal sweet potatoes without the work.
It's that time of year when I need to start thinking about putting together my holiday meals. Slow-cooker sweet potatoes will be the easiest side for my holiday dinner for sure. I just wrap them in foil and put them in the slow cooker! It doesn't get any easier than that! I would usually put butter on any type of foiled potato in the oven, but with the slow cooker, all that steam from the butter can't escape the slow cooker. So I found it is best not to butter potatoes for the slow cooker; just put some extra butter on them when serving. My other favorite side for the holidays in my slow cooker is green bean casserole. Making the green bean casserole in the slow cooker saves on oven space, and you can keep it warm until the rest of dinner is ready.
An easy holiday or anytime side!
- 7-8 small- to medium-sized sweet potatoes
Marshmallows for topping
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes.
- Place on a big piece of foil on the bottom of the slow cooker to "catch" any juices from the cooking sweet potatoes.
- Wrap each sweet potato in foil and place into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or until tender. Leave the lid on so the heat doesn't escape.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Side Dishes, Potato
- North American
- 7-8 servings
- Total Time
- 4 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds