To add a little mystery to your mornings, look no further than this surprise-inside french toast. Also known as Shibuya toast, this sky-high breakfast treat is stuffed with fruit, chocolate, and crunchy honey bread. It's bound to satisfy any sweet tooth and seriously amp up your brunch Snapchat game.
- 1/3 loaf of white bread, unsliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Scoop of ice cream
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Drizzle of honey, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half and cut out a large square chunk in the center, leaving the rest of the bread intact (like a square bread bowl). Slice the chunk you removed into cubes.
- Mix honey, butter, and cinnamon together into a bowl and evenly coat the bread squares and the inside of the hollowed-out bread. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the bread is baking, chop strawberries and bananas into small squares. Mix blueberries, chocolate chips, strawberries, and bananas into a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for 1 minute. Fill the hollowed-out bread with the berry and chocolate mixture and the bread squares. Top it off with ice cream, whipped cream, and a drizzle of honey. Enjoy immediately!
- Breakfast/Brunch, French Toast
- 1 serving
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes