While your park plans might be on hold, Disney is still letting us in on a few secrets and sharing recipes for some of its most popular treats. In honor of Memorial Day, the Disney Parks Blog released the original recipe for its Kitchen Sink Sundae, and wow, you're in for a treat!
The over-the-top dessert is usually available at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, but now, you can make it in the comfort of your own home. Get the whole family together to create this very extra yet very delicious treat, featuring pretty much every sweet topping and ice cream flavor you can think of.
- 1/2 cup warm fudge topping
1/2 cup warm butterscotch topping
1/2 cup warm peanut butter topping
1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2-inch slices
1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 1/2 x 1 1/4-inch), quartered
1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 1/2-inch), quartered
2 generous scoops vanilla ice cream
2 generous scoops chocolate ice cream
2 generous scoops strawberry ice cream
1 generous scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 generous scoop coffee ice cream
3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1/4 cup marshmallow cream
1/4 cup strawberry topping
1/4 cup pineapple topping
14-ounce can dairy whipped topping
1 large brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
1 regular-sized candy bar, quartered
4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
1 tablespoon crushed chocolate cookies with cream filling
1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices, about 2 large slices
1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries
- Pour hot fudge, butterscotch, and peanut butter toppings into bottom of large bowl.
- Layer banana slices and cupcake pieces over toppings. Top with all ice creams.
- As quickly as possible, spoon chocolate syrup, marshmallow cream, strawberry, and pineapple toppings over ice cream.
- Cover completely with dairy whipped topping. Tuck brownie pieces, candy bar pieces, and cookies in whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds, dark and white chocolate shavings, crushed cookies, jellied orange slices, milk chocolate chip morsels, peanut butter morsels, chocolate sprinkles, and rainbow sprinkles.
- Top with cherries.
- Desserts, Ice cream
- Serves 4 to 6