We love Oreos in really any form. From Oreo churros, to brownies stuffed with Oreos, to Oreos crushed up with melted marshmallows, there is no wrong way to enjoy the beloved cookie. But sometimes things are just better when they're homemade, right? Or, at least, if the store is out, you know you can satisfy your Oreo craving at home!
TikTok user @ziaaaaamiaaaa recently shared her recipe for homemade Oreos, and it's actually very simple. All you need are a few basic baking ingredients, and if you want to make your cookies feel extra authentic, an actual Oreo to transfer the famous design onto your dough. And when you make them yourself, you get to control how stuffed they are with the smooth and creamy filling. Double stuf? More like triple stuf, and then some. Zia even noted on her TikTok video that she likes these better than the original! Keep reading for the full recipe, and please report back on how glorious your kitchen smells when these bad boys are baking.
- For the Cookies:
1 cup softened butter
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- For the Filling:
1/2 cup softened butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To Make the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter or grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine the softened butter and sugar in a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add eggs, salt, flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Use a cookie cutter or small jar cap to cut round cookie shapes. If you have an Oreo on hand, use that.
- If you have an Oreo on hand, use that to press the cookie design into each dough shape.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and let cool completely.
To Make the Filling:
- Combine the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Scoop the filling onto a cookie and spread evenly. Add another cookie to make a sandwich. Enjoy!