11 Restaurants Open For Carry-Out on Christmas Day
Christmas dinner doesn't have to be complicated. Sometimes, it just doesn't sound fun to spend hours perfecting a turkey and elaborate sides when you could order dinner to go instead. And since many of us will be celebrating solo or with just our partners or roommates this year, there's even more reason to forego the baking tradition to relax a little bit more. We've rounded up a list of national restaurants open for carry-out this Christmas Day, so all you have to worry about is opening presents!
- Boston Market: As long as you order by Dec. 17, many Boston Market locations across the country will deliver a holiday dinner to your door (check your local restaurant for details). Or you can pick up one of its delicious holiday dishes to complement your meal, from pies to casseroles to main dishes, as long as you order by Dec. 21.
- Buca di Beppo: Make it an Italian Christmas by ordering from Buca di Beppo, which opens at 11 a.m. on Christmas Day. Order family-style salads, appetizers, sides, and desserts to make everyone happy this holiday.
- Denny's: Don't worry, if you burn your Christmas turkey like Tim Allen does in The Santa Clause, you can take Charlie — er, your kids — to Denny's, just like they do in the movie. Order a delicious brunch for dine-in (depending on the location) or carry-out, or get a family pack to feed everyone in your house!
- IHOP: Head to IHOP on Christmas Day to order one of its delicious seasonal pancakes, which come in Pumpkin Spice, Cinn-a-Stack, and Milk 'n' Cookies flavors. Or order the Holiday Family Feast, which includes buttermilk pancakes, pancake toppings, scrambled eggs, hash browns, hickory smoked bacon, and other options.
- Romano's Macaroni Grill: Romano's Macaroni Grill is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Christmas Day, so you can order Italian dishes to go. Be sure to try the Eat, Drink and Be Merry menu, featuring the 10-ounce ribeye steak with rosemary lemon butter and garlic mashed potatoes for $29.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House: Treat yourself to a delicious steak dinner on Christmas Day at Ruth's Chris Steak House, which will be open for dine-in (depending on location), takeout, and delivery (just call to order ahead). The Christmas Day menu is $180 and feeds four people with your choice of Caesar or steak house salad, a roasted beef tenderloin entrée, garlic mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, and four personal cheesecakes for dessert.
- Starbucks: Some Starbucks locations across the country will be open for limited hours on Dec. 25, so you can still get your favorite caffeine fix amid the business of the day. Check your local store hours for more details.
- Waffle House: Get your waffle (or burger!) fix this Christmas by going to Waffle House, which is open 365 days a year.
- Applebee's: Certain Applebee's locations across the country are open on Christmas Day for dine-in (depending on location) and delivery. Check your nearest location for specific hours and details.
- Dunkin' Donuts: Bring home a box of fresh doughnuts on Christmas morning from Dunkin' Donuts. Check with your local store for specific holiday hours, as they may vary.
- Sonic: Feeling like a classic milkshake and some fries on Christmas? Many Sonic locations will be open on Dec. 25; just check your nearest location for specific hours.