Here's Where You Can Get Free Coffee on National Coffee Day
The most important holiday of the year is on Thursday, Sept. 29: National Coffee Day. Start it off on the right foot by grabbing a free (or nearly free) cup of coffee from the following participating coffee shops.
- Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf: Get a free espresso shot when you download The Coffee Bean's new mobile app. Select locations will also offer surprises, like free tumblers and the chance to win free coffee for a year. The Los Angeles location at Sunset and Hayworth is giving away free coffee for life to one customer.
- Peet's Coffee: Get a free medium coffee from Peet's Coffee when you purchase a select food item, including any artisan baked good, a Simply Oatmeal, or a Fresh Food item.
- Dunkin' Donuts: Dunkin' Donuts isn't quite giving away free coffee, but it is selling medium drip coffee for just 66 cents in honor of its 66th year in business.
- La Mar's Donuts and Coffee: If you purchase a La Mar's Donuts and Coffee traveler coffee mug for $1, you can get it filled for free through Sept. 29.
- Birch Coffee: NYC coffee chain Birch Coffee is offering free coffee 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Stewart's Shops: All locations of upstate New York coffee shop Stewart's Shops will offer free hot and iced coffee from 12 p.m. to close on National Coffee Day.
- Pilot Flying J: Print out this Pilot Flying J coupon and get a free small coffee, tea, or cappuccino at this convenience store.
- Krispy Kreme: Not only is Krispy Kreme giving away free 12-ounce cups of coffee, it's also offering one free glazed doughnut per customer on Thursday.
- Cumberland Farms: Text "FREECOFFEE" to 64827 to redeem a coupon for a free hot or iced coffee at Cumberland Farms.
- Maui Wowi: Order online at Maui Wowi Coffees and Smoothies with the code "ALOHACOFFEE" and receive 50 percent off your order.
- Starbucks: OK, so Starbucks isn't giving out free coffee, but it's doing something even cooler! Starbucks will donate a free coffee tree to a coffee farmer in need for every cup of brewed Mexican Chiapas coffee sold on National Coffee Day. It's a win-win for caffeine addicts everywhere.