If the weekend is fast approaching and you have no idea what to make for your Summer cookout, we've got it. This grilled chicken is marinated in a spicy honey glaze made of soy sauce, lemon, onion and red bell pepper, then glazed with sherry, honey, and garlic. Can you say "yuuuuum"?
To make things better, the juicy and tasty chicken comes paired with avocados in the same sauce and also slightly cooked on the grill. Feeling convinced? Fire up the grill, and keep reading to find the easy recipe.
Serve with grilled corn on the cob for an easy all-on-the-grill meal.
- 1 1/2 lemon, juiced (separate the juice of 1/2)
1/2 onion, quartered
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 red bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, quartered
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon ground Aleppo pepper or cayenne pepper
1 (12-ounce) package sweet mini bell peppers
Olive oil cooking spray
Garlic salt and pepper
2 ripe, fresh Hass avocados, seeded and peeled
- In a blender, purée the juice of one lemon, onion, soy sauce, and red bell pepper until smooth. Pour into a 1-gallon zip-top plastic bag or large shallow dish. Add chicken breasts, turning to coat. Marinate for 45 minutes.
- In a small pan over medium heat, combine honey, garlic, and sherry. Stir in Aleppo pepper a little at a time until desired heat level is reached. Set aside. The glaze will thicken as it cools.
- Heat the grill to medium heat. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and discard excess marinade. Grill chicken on both sides until cooked through. (Cooking time will vary based on the heat of the grill and the thickness of the chicken.)
- Meanwhile, when chicken is about half-cooked, mist the mini bell peppers with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Add peppers to the grill and cook until lightly charred on all sides and tender, about 12 minutes. (If chicken breasts are very thin, start the peppers earlier.)
- Lightly glaze the cooked chicken on all sides with the reserved honey glaze and remove from the grill. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- While chicken is resting, slice avocados into 4 slices per half. Sprinkle with juice of 1/2 lemon and place on grill. Grill slices for 2 minutes per side, and then brush them lightly with the honey glaze.
- Top chicken breasts with grilled avocado slices and place grilled mini peppers alongside. Serve with remaining honey glaze.
- Main Dishes, Game
- North American
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds