Grilled chicken: it's healthy but can also be uberboring. But not when you make it like Marcela Valladolid from the Food Network show The Kitchen. The Mexican-American chef adds just a few herbs like cilantro, parsley, and rosemary to lemon juice and olive oil to make the dish juicy and flavorful.
All you need is a bag to marinate the chicken in for two hours, some patience, and a grill to make this delectable recipe that'll have you eating chicken every night for dinner.
- 19 Chicken and Avocado Recipes So Effing Good You'll Just Lose It
- 20 Recipes That'll Help You Stick to Your Healthy-Eating Goals
- This Black Bean Salad With Avocado Dressing Is the Healthy Lunch You've Been Looking For
- Satisfy Your Taco Addiction With These 50+ Delicious Recipes
- 20 Paleta Recipes That'll Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
If you buy the chicken breasts already trimmed in halves, they're pretty thin so there's no need for pounding.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- Mix all ingredients except chicken together in a 1-gallon ziplock bag.
- Add chicken breasts and massage marinade into meat until evenly coated.
- Seal the bag and place in the refrigerator. Let the chicken marinate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Lightly dip a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and, using tongs, carefully rub over grates several times until glossy and coated.
- Place chicken breasts on the grill. Grill for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Main Dishes
- South American