The final new moon and solar eclipse of 2021 is upon us. This astrological event will occur in Sagittarius. So let's get ready to end the year strong by setting intentions and wishes on the new moon in Sagittarius, which peaks on Dec. 4 at 2:44 a.m. ET. Sagittarius is a fire sign ruled by Jupiter, the planet of expansion. This energy paired with the new moon provides an optimal time to prepare a ritual baño that can tap into the adventurous, optimistic, problem-solving, truth, and knowledge-seeking Sag traits. With the solar eclipse in the mix, you can expect some sudden shifts to take place.
While the ninth sign of the zodiac can fall out of balance by trying to do everything for everyone all the time, this new moon should be focused on you and the areas of your life you would like to see expand. Sagittarius rules the quest for truth, so consider focusing your new-moon intentions and wishes around deepening your connection to the divine. If you've struggled with direct communication, you could also work on balancing your throat chakra through meditation and the ingredients you choose to use for your spiritual baño — we'll get to that in a sec!
Whether you're an introvert who needs a little nudge to amp up the social butterfly within or an extrovert in search of your next great adventure, Sagittarius rules freedom, so spread your wings and fly with the energy of this new moon. Even better, get up and dance, as this fire sign loves movement, as well as acting, and all kinds of sports. If your journey is currently more focused on things like higher education, you can set intentions and wishes around finding a great mentor or successfully enrolling in the right college or university for you. For those of us who need to seriously dial it back a bit, this new moon is great for setting intentions and wishes around easing up on the need to be right all the time or easily lifting the habit of being too blunt in your communication.
Now, let's prepare your new moon in Sagittarius baño!
New Moon in Sagittarius Baño Ritual Recipe
- Epsom or pink Himalayan salt
- Agua de Florida or Florida Water
- Turquoise, amethyst, tiger's eye, or sodalite crystals
- Petals from red roses, carnations, dandelions, or peonies
- Sage, anise, nutmeg, or mint herbs
- Jasmine, lavender, bergamot, Roman or German chamomile, or frankincense oils
- Fill the bath with warm water (never hot).
- Add 1 to 2 cups of your choice of salt (or add a cup of both).
- Place crystals around the edge of the bathtub, in the water, or on your body as you soak.
- Add your choice of herbs, oils, and flower petals.
- Pray over the water, and set your intention.
- Soak for 20 to 40 minutes.
- Give thanks; journal. It's a great time to write down those new-moon wishes!