10 Cities You Should Move to If You're Single
Young, single, and ready to mingle? We'll admit that life as a single person isn't always a walk in the park, but living in certain cities can help make the most out of solo life. Whether you love a fancy restaurant, dig a funky bar crawl, or are simply looking for somewhere safe to lay your head, these cities have it all. Rent.com and Onboard Informatics collected data that covers everything from average income to coffee-shop density to determine the top 10 spots for all the single ladies (and gentlemen).
Each category marked with * is scored on a scale from 1-1,000 (1,000 being the top score), here's the breakdown of what each one means to you:
- Safety Index: based on the total crime risk for each city.
- Lifestyle-Trend Focus Index: based on the percentage of people who enjoy going out dancing, drinking, clubbing, and attending concerts and performances.
- Nightlife Options Index: based on the number and density of bars, clubs, pubs, and other nighttime establishments in each city.
- Restaurant Options Index: based on the number and density of restaurants in or near each city.
- Frequent Restaurant-Goers Index: based on the percentage of the population regularly going out to eat.
- Frequent Coffee-Shop-Goers Index: based on the availability of coffee shops.
Are you ready to see how each city stacks up? Starting with the best city for singles . . .