Source: Paramount Pictures
If you're single, chances are that there's a little sliver (or a giant chunk) of you that's dreading the impending holiday rendezvous with the family. We don't blame you. In fact, we empathize. No single woman in her prime enjoys the bombarding and probing questions of relatives who can't wrap their brains around your lack of a significant other. Granted, their concern comes from a well-intentioned place in their hearts, but that doesn't negate the fact that it can get taxing to navigate all the questions like: When are you going to settle down? What happened to what's his face?
One very intuitive man from Nashville (a self-proclaimed 28-year-old felon with no high school degree, to be exact) decided to take it upon himself to help out all the single ladies (all the single ladies). He posted an ad on Craigslist in which he offers up his services as a fake date for your Thanksgiving soiree in exchange for nothing more than a free meal. Read on to see exactly what the man has to offer. Oh, and if you find yourself embarrassed by the fact that you oddly want to take him up on his offer, you're not alone. According to his Reddit account, he already has dates lined up.
"I can play anywhere between the ages of 20 and 29 depending on if i shave. I'm a line cook and work late nights at a bar. If you'd like to have me as your strictly platonic date for Thanksgiving, but have me pretend to be in a very long or serious relationship with you, to torment your family, I'm game."
And this is what he says he is able to do:
- He can openly hit on other females guests in attendance while you pretend not to notice.
- He'll "start instigative discussions about politics and/or religion."
- He can play out an elaborate proposal.
- He can pretend to be really drunk as the evening goes on (but will not actually drink).
- Last but not least, he is willing to "start an actual, physical fight with a family member, either inside or on the front lawn for all the neighbors to see."