Say "I Do" to These Engagement Instagram Captions and Photo Ideas
Congratulations to the happy couple! You and your partner are headed down the aisle, and along the way, you'll have some big decisions to make: floral arrangements, caterers, a venue, the wedding outfit. However, at the very top of that list is sharing the big news with all your loved ones. And that means picking out the right engagement quotes to use alongside your "I'm engaged!" social media post.
Engagement captions can be funny, sweet, simple, or romantic — or a mix of all three. Whatever vibe you're going for, we've rounded up the best engagement quotes inspired by books, movies, love songs, and more to help you craft the perfect engagement caption to describe this momentous occasion. You can use these engagement quotes alongside your professional engagement photo-shoot pics as well (and we included a few inspirational ideas about where to have that shoot here, too). We hope these engagement-caption ideas kick off a very happy wedding-planning era for you and your love.
Funny Engagement Captions
These engagement captions are all witty, for the couple that loves a good joke.
- Icy conditions ahead!
- We decided to get the government involved in this relationship.
- Stuck together forever!
- Where should we register?
- Sorry, what did you say? I couldn't hear you over the sparkly diamond on my finger.
- I'm so happy I swiped right.
- Now accepting applications for [maid/matron of honor/best man].
- Comment who you think will be the bigger bridezilla.
- And to think I almost ghosted you after our first date.
- After mulling over a very detailed pros and cons list, I'm excited to announce that I said yes!
- Spoiler alert: I said yes!
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
Engagement Captions From Books
These engagement captions are all from books, for the literary couples.
- "Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own: in pain and sickness it would still be dear." — from "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte
- "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." — from "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Brontë
- "You feel complete in my arms. You feel like my home." — from "The Spanish Love Deception" by Elena Armas
- "If God wanted me to give you up, he wouldn't have made me who I am." — from "Beautiful World, Where Are You" by Sally Rooney
- "When I looked up at the stars, I saw us. You were the stars and I was the dark sky behind you." — from "Starry-Eyed Love" by Helena Hunting
- "For the first time in my life I get it: home isn't always a space; it can be a person." — from "Twice in a Blue Moon" by Christina Lauren
- "I still have a lot to figure out, but the one thing I know is, wherever you are, that's where I belong. I'll never belong anywhere like I belong with you." — from "People We Meet on Vacation" by Emily Henry
Engagement Captions From Movies
These engagement quotes are all from movies and are so romantic.
- "I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love." — from "The Vow"
- "May you never steal, lie of cheat, but if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows, and if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life, and if you must cheat, then please cheat death because I couldn't live a day without you." — from "Leap Year"
- "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." — from "When Harry Met Sally"
- "Let's start with forever." — from "Twilight"
- "Sometimes you love a person just because they feel like home." — from "Bridget Jones's Baby"
- "It's like in that moment the whole universe existed just to bring us together." — from "Serendipity"
- "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds." — from "The Notebook"
- "I will never stop trying, because when you find the one, you never give up." — from "Crazy Stupid Love"
- "This is true love. You think this happens every day?" — from "The Princess Bride"
- "An angel brought me to you." — from "Letters to Juliet"
Engagement Captions From Love Songs
These engagement captions are all from love songs and perfectly encapsulate the loved-up feeling of being newly engaged.
- "At every table, I'll save you a seat." — from "Lover" by Taylor Swift
- "I will always love you." — from "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston
- "I have never known a love like this." — from "Love Like This" by Ben Rector
- "Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you." — from "Marry You" by Bruno Mars
- "You've brought a lot of sunshine into my life. You've filled me with happiness I never knew. You gave me more joy than I ever dreamed of. This will be, an everlasting love." — from "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)" by Natalie Cole
- "Cause we were just kids when we fell in love." — from "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran
- "I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." — from "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri
- "I came to life when I first kissed you. The best me has his arms around you. You make me better than I was before. Thank God I'm yours." — from "Yours" by Russell Dickerson
- "I got some big, big plans." — from "Big, Big Plans" by Chris Lane
- "You're my end and my beginning." — from "All of Me" by John Legend
- "Goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get married." — from "Chapel of Love" by The Dixie Cups
Engagement Photo Idea: Sunset Photo Shoot
Is there anything more romantic (and picturesque!) than an engagement photo shoot at sunset? This can also be a great way to vet a wedding photographer for the big day.
Engagement Photo Idea: Go Back to Where You Had Your First Date
Do you love a full-circle moment? Consider heading back to the place where you and your partner first met or went on your first date.
Engagement Photo Idea: Flower Fields Photo Shoot
Nature-themed photo shoots, especially at flower fields, make for stunning save-the-date invitations. Perhaps you'll find inspiration for floral arrangements or a color scheme, too.
Engagement Photo Idea: Home Photo Shoot
Planning a wedding isn't cheap, but finding ways to cut costs, like having an engagement photo shoot at home, can help your budget. Plus, you won't have to worry about crowds or fighting for the perfect spot!
Engagement Photo Idea: Champagne Photo Shoot
It may be cliché, but Champagne photo shoots never disappoint and offer a ton of opportunities for amazing candids.
Engagement Photo Idea: Family Photo Shoot
If you're blending your families or share a child together, having a family engagement photo shoot can be a sweet and meaningful moment.
Engagement Photo Idea: College Photo Shoot
If you and your partner are college sweethearts, take a trip down memory lane back to where it all started with a campus photo shoot. You can visit all your old spots and take a few photos in your college sweatshirts.
Engagement Photo Idea: Seasonal Photo Shoot
Seasonal photo shoots are a fun and radiant way to bookmark this exciting time in your lives. For fall engagements, you can visit an orchard or use the changing leaves as a colorful backdrop. You can have a winter wonderland or holiday-themed shoot during the winter. For spring and summer engagements, you can go to flower fields or a tropical destination.
Engagement Photo Idea: Photo Shoot at Your Favorite Local Spot
Celebrate your big news with a photo shoot at your favorite local eatery or brewery. What's more, taking photos at a place that's seen your relationship grow is a great way to commemorate how far you've come. Plus, you might even score a free, congratulatory treat!
Engagement Photo Idea: Have a Photo Shoot With Your Pet
Have your pet stand next to a sign that reads "Save the Date" or "My Humans Are Getting Married." Another idea is to take engagement photos with your partner and pet and caption it, "We found our ring bearer."