When dealing with sticky messes, instead of reaching for solutions filled with chemicals to get rid of it, make your own cleaner with two ingredients you already have in your pantry. Along with working on glass, plastic, and wood, this homemade gunk remover is so simple — and basically costs nothing to make.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Measuring spoons
- Sealable container
- Mix together two tablespoons of vegetable oil and three tablespoons of baking soda into a paste in a small, sealable container. The mixture is usable until it's gone and doesn't include any harsh chemicals or smells.
- To use, simply scoop a small dollop of sticky stuff and gently rub it with your fingers. The oil and baking soda work together to gently remove the sticky residue without scratching.
- Wipe away with a paper towel, and you're sticky-free. That's it!
— Additional reporting by Haley Lyndes