Upcycle a Picture Frame Into This Cool Jewelry Organizer
Head to the secondhand store and pick up a wooden frame for creating this chic jewelry organizer that keeps your chains from getting tangled. With the help of a little spray paint and some burlap, you'll have a pretty wall hanging that costs less than $5 to make.
What You'll Need:
- Wooden picture frame
- Spray paint
- Scrap paper
- Staple gun
- Eye hook hangers
- Head to your favorite secondhand store and pick up a wooden picture frame for this DIY. We found one for around $2 and removed the enclosed picture.
- Take the frame outdoors or to a well-ventilated area and give it a quick coat of spray paint. You can use any color you like or coordinate with the paint of your bathroom or dressing area. Touch up as needed.
- To create the back of the jewelry organizer, cut a section of burlap around one inch larger in size. You can pick up burlap at your local fabric store for a few dollars.
- Now fold over the edges, and use a staple gun to secure the burlap to the back of the frame.
- Screw in hooks to either side of the wooden frame, and your jewelry organizer is ready to use.
- Hang chains on the sides, and hook earrings through the burlap. And you can even add a few extra hooks along the bottom of the frame for your favorite bangles.
Chains in knots? Here's how to detangle your favorite necklaces before hanging them on your new organizer.