Just When You Think This $500 Swarovski-Crystal Monopoly Board Can't Get More Extra, It Does
Monopoly is celebrating its 85th anniversary in the most extra way possible: by debuting a special-edition board game that's embellished with freakin' Swarovski crystals — more than 2,000 of them, I might add. This fancy version of Monopoly offers the usual properties — St. Charles Place, Tennessee Avenue, Boardwalk, and so on — but those colored stripes above each name are adorned with rows of teeny-tiny colored crystals.
If Stefon from Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update advertised board games instead of New York City's hottest clubs, he'd have an absolute field day listing out all of this game's over-the-top features without breaking character. The luxe game has "everything":
- A board made of glass that's decorated with gold and silver printing
- Shiny gold game pieces, including a new ring token specially made for this version
- A Monopoly logo and Railroad symbols filled in with silver crystals
- Gold-foil-stamped Chance, Community Chest, and Title Deed cards
- Money made of vellum (that's calfskin, BTW)
- A $499 price tag
Yep, you read that correctly — this extravagant Monopoly game will cost you half a thousand bucks, and there are only 500 available. Get an up-close look at the crystal-covered board ahead, and preorder the Monopoly 85th Anniversary Edition online here, if you so please.