This Full-Moon-in-Scorpio Limpia Can Lead to Transformation
This Scorpio Full Moon Limpia Will Help You Transform During Eclipse Season
It's eclipse season. Many will feel like they're being tossed around in a dryer, just spinning and tumbling their way through this time. Here's gentle reminder to see things through, even the challenging things, because there is a richness to be discovered when we do.
Following two consecutive Aries new moons, the full moon in Scorpio, also known as the flower moon, arrives, bringing yet another eclipse with it. This time it's a lunar eclipse, which occurs when the moon moves into Earth's shadow. While this may cause the moon to darken and even disappear, it does not mean it is gone. So much exists in the shadows. We may not be able to see it with the naked eye, but that does not mean it isn't real.
The lunar eclipse is symbolic of the shadow work that is necessary for our lives. Digging deep into the shadows within can be an emotional journey, but one filled with so much healing and personal growth. During the lunar eclipse and full moon, be sure to be aware of secrets that may come to light, and spiritual awakenings.
Allow the energy of Scorpio, a water sign, to carry you through as you flow through this time rather than resist it. Change is inevitable but can also be scary. Dive deep into the watery essence of Scorpio and feel the emotions. Then utilize them to catapult to a leveled-up version of you, someone you would wholeheartedly follow and be inspired by. Swimming in emotions can feel like drowning, but with one deep breath, we're reminded that we are alive and living on purpose.
When Is the Full Moon in Scorpio?
The full moon in Scorpio peaks on Friday, May 5, at 1:34 p.m. ET. This is the only full moon in Scorpio in 2023, so make it count.
What Do the 2023 Full Moon in Scorpio and Lunar Eclipse Mean?
If you haven't been leaning into surrender and trust, this may be a good time to give it a try. Simply open your heart to the will of the cosmos. Listen and watch out for spirit messages. If you receive an idea that is new or something you've kept stored away for a while, tap into it. This is the universe communicating with you. We get to choose whether to listen or not to listen. Which will you choose?
Scorpio is the eighth zodiac sign and represents transformation. Scorpios also illuminate desire and passion, creating an irresistible focus on getting what they want even when faced with uncertainty. Ruled by Mars, the planet of energy, action, and sex, and Pluto, the planet of power, Scorpio gives us the ability to see how we are a part of the cycle of death and rebirth. Just as we see it happen to Mother Earth with the changing of the seasons, we see what needs to die and decay from our lives to create space, enrich the soil, and grow a new, stronger harvest. This flower moon can guide us to what needs to be weeded out of our lives and the seeds that need to be planted.
What Is the Spirit-Cleansing Prayer to Say For May's Full Moon in Scorpio?
Dear God, change is scary. But I know that with you by my side along this journey, I am safe to navigate these changes and embrace the lessons within them. For I am not afraid to be my greatest self. Sometimes, I need you to carry me instead of walking with me. And I know all I have to do is ask. So, thank you for being there for me throughout this human journey. I intend to make it a good one. So be it!
Which Tarot Card Goes Well With the Full Moon in Scorpio?
Death: The symbol of death and rebirth aligns with Scorpio, which allows a fearless optimism to arise with deeply needed change.
What Chakra Goes Well With the Full Moon in Scorpio?
Sacral Chakra: The energy center that rules our reproductive system, bowels, and sex organs is most associated with Scorpio because it symbolizes the cycle of life, death, and rebirth, as well as a burst of creativity.
Spiritual Cleansing Limpia Recipe For the Full Moon in Scorpio
Pink himalayan salt and Epsom salt
Florida Water or Agua de Florida
Copal resin or incense
Dark red flowers (hibiscus, geraniums, or roses)
Rosemary, turmeric, basil, marjoram, and/or damiana herbs
Patchouli and ylang-ylang essential oils
Amethyst, carnelian, malachite, and/or smoky quartz crystals
1. After physically cleaning your space, grab a caldron and burn a charcoal tab, allowing it to get completely white before adding a pinch or two of copal resin. This resin helps to call in your ancestors and spirit team to help guide you through this truly transformational full moon and lunar eclipse. If you don't have resin, copal incense will do.
2. Allow the smoke from the resin or incense to waft throughout your space, singing, praying, and dancing as you do so. Invite your spirit team to the party.
3. You should already begin feeling a shift simply by burning the copal resin. Now, you can begin to prepare your limpia by first filling a big pot of water and placing it on the stovetop to bring it to a gentle boil.
4. Add a few good handfuls of the herbs you'd like to use, followed by several drops of essential oils. Mix with a wooden spoon.
5. Next, add a few good splashes of Florida Water and one quick splash of Rue Water to ward off negativity and evil eye, or mal de ojo. Pray and give thanks to the purifying waters you are adding to your limpia, and stir it all together.
6. Add 1-2 cups of Epsom salt and half a cup of pink himalayan salt, and mix.
7. Bring everything to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 10-15 minutes. You can add your flowers to the water now, or wait for it to cool and add petals to cover the top of the water.
8. Once your water has cooled to lukewarm, you can take the bowl into the shower or tub with you. If you have an outside shower or can perform this outside in nature — even better!
9. Set your intentions for the Scorpio full moon and lunar eclipse and take a deep inhale before gently pouring the limpia all over your body. Watch as this magical water flows over your body, spiritually cleansing it. As the water drains, so do all the things you need to let go.
10. Step out of your limpia feeling renewed and refreshed. Listen to what your body needs next. You may just want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep, or you may feel called to journal, sip on a nice cup of tea, and listen to music that soothes your soul. Gift yourself what you need most at this time. It's a part of healing.