Spiritual baños have become a hot topic of discussion because of their potential to rid you of negative and stagnant energy. But did you know there is no one way to go about these ritual baths? There is an array of ingredients used and a variety of ritualistic approaches to baños espirituales. The most important thing is to follow your intuition. Call out to your spirit guides to help direct you to the appropriate herbs, oils, flowers, and more to add to your spiritual baths. You may just be called to do a baño blanco.
What Is a Baño Blanco?
A baño blanco is a spiritual bath ritual done over three consecutive days, which is intended to cleanse the aura of negative energy. A combination of natural ingredients paired with prayer and spiritual practices creates a beautiful ritual anyone can do to feel more connected to the divine.
What Is a Baño Blanco Good For?
Aside from cleansing negative energy, a baño blanco is a great way to align with peace and tranquility. If you suffer from insomnia, this may be the perfect baño for you. Just think, a lullaby in bath form! For this reason, it's a wonderful introduction to spiritual baños for children. The gentle, comforting feel of this baño will soothe their souls and ease them off to dreamland. Simply add the baño blanco mixture to warm bath water and let them soak in all the goodness.
How Do You Prepare a Baño Blanco?
As you gather your ingredients, always be mindful of each item that will be used to create this spiritually cleansing sanctuary. Show gratitude for every piece of the puzzle and for its whole. Pray and set intentions with each step of your Baño Blanco from preparation to indulgence to serenity.
· Holy water (water that has been blessed by a religious figure) or Agua de Florida
· Goat milk
· Cow milk
*Note: If you are opposed to using animal products, you can use almond or soy milk. But the traditional ritual recipe calls for the use of goat and cow milk.
· Coconut water
· Cocoa butter
· Cascarilla (also known as Croton eluteria) – a plant often used in spiritual practices to bring luck and protect from evil.
· White carnation flowers
1. Mix 4 cups of goat milk and 4 cups of coconut water with 8 cups of cow milk. These are approximate measurements. Feel free to add a little more or less.
2. Add several splashes of holy water or Agua de Florida.
3. Add 5-8 drops of honey.
4. Add a very, very small amount of cocoa butter. Think 1-2 little drops on your fingertip. Or you can decide to not use any at all.
5. Sprinkle flower petals and cascarilla over your baño blanco mixture.
6. Pour some of your mixture into a separate bowl and refrigerate the rest.
7. Shower regularly.
8. While still in the shower, slowly pour the baño blanco over your body.
9. Rinse off with cool water.
10. Repeat steps 6 through 9 for the next two consecutive days.
It's recommended to do this in the evening and to honor yourself and your divine connection by wearing all white to sleep and/or sleeping on white sheets. For added crown chakra protection, wrap your head in white cotton fabric.