Instagram Photo Editing Tools
Instagram Adds 10 New Tools, Promises to Waste More of Your Time
Great — add this to your list of growing Instagram problems. Now, instead of taking forever to choose a filter, you'll have to spend even more time perfecting those photos thanks to new editing features in Instagram 6.0. Released today, the app promises to give you more creative control over the pictures you share.
Here are the details: once you select a filter, you'll see a new wrench icon. Tap it, and you'll get a bunch of photo-editing options that include . . .
- Adjust: to crop and straighten photos.
- Brightness: to make your photo brighter or darker.
- Contrast: to make the light areas of your photo brighter and the dark areas darker.
- Warmth: to shift the colors of your photo toward warmer orange tones or cooler blue ones.
- Saturation: to increase or decrease the color intensity of the photo.
- Highlights: to adjust the brightness focusing on the bright areas of the image.
- Shadows: to adjust the brightness focusing on the dark areas of the image.
- Vignette: to darken the edges of the photo.
- Sharpen: to make the photo clearer.
- Filter Strength: to make the filter more or less obvious.
There's even a slider to adjust each of the effects even further. Plus, a photo preview feature gives you a before-and-after comparison so you can see how much of a photo-editing boss you are.
The download is available today in the App store or on Google Play.