Meet Google Home, the Amazon Echo Competitor That Looks Amazing
Say hello to Google Home, the company's answer to Amazon Echo. The device is smaller, smarter, and might be better than Amazon Echo. See below for more details.
- It can do a lot: Ask Google to play music, cast something, and even help plan out your life.
- Colors/Models: You can buy the Google Home in three Fabric colors: Mango, Marine, and Violet. Or, you can buy Google Home in Metal colors: Carbon, Snow, and Copper.
- Price: It's cheaper than the Amazon Echo, costing only $129. You'll also get a free six-month subscription to YouTube Red.
- It is aesthetically pleasing: Inspired by home products like wine glasses and candles, Google Home has a sleek and neutral look that blends in effortlessly.
- It knows its stuff: Even if the Assistant doesn't have the answer to your question in its own knowledge bank, it can give you a condensed quote from another website, like Wikipedia.
- It'll make you feel like the president: The "My Day" feature makes it so that you can hear your daily schedule by simply saying, "Good morning." As Rishi Chandra, Director of Product Management at Google, said in the announcement, "If the president can get a daily briefing, why shouldn't you?"
— Additional reporting by Ann-Marie Alcántara