Once your beautiful bouquet of roses starts to lose its freshness, put the petals to good use with this spa-tastic DIY. Just mix them together with Epsom salts and soothing powdered milk. These rose petal bath salts make a really special homemade gift or a wonderful and relaxing present for yourself. Bonus: this luxurious soother costs hardly anything to make.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup dried rose petals
- Rose water or rose essential oil (optional)
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 2/3 cup powdered milk
- Glass sealable container
- Start by removing the petals from the roses. We found that around four flowers provide enough petals for this DIY. If you have more roses, use them to make this easy homemade potpourri. You can spritz the roses with rose water or add a few drops of rose essential oil, which elevates the floral scent, or simply allow the petals to dry overnight as they are.
- Measure and mix together the Epsom salts, baking soda, and powdered milk in a small bowl, making sure to break up any clumps. Epsom salts naturally soothe sore muscles and helps detoxify the body. Baking soda and powdered milk work together to soften skin. And when mixed with the dried rose petals, everything works together to create a seriously relaxing bath.
- Once the petals are dry, crumble them into small pieces. Begin layering the ingredients together in a glass sealable jar, starting with the Epsom salts mixture and then the bits of rose petals. Continue until your container is full. The longer the bath salts mingle together in the container, the stronger the scent.
- Simply add a big scoop of the finished bath salts to your next hot soak for instant stress relief. Or wrap the container with a cute ribbon and gift it to a special someone. They'll love you for it.
Makes 2 cups of rose petal bath salts.