Big change doesn't always require a lot of effort — sometimes you can do little things that will have a lasting impact on your life. Check out some of the five-minute tasks below that will improve your life immeasurably.
- Automate money to your savings account.
- Increase your contribution to your retirement accounts.
- Check your bank account.
- Check your credit report.
- Meditate for five minutes.
- Share something that's been weighing on you with someone who will understand.
- Fake a smile to boost your mood.
- Purchase a life-changing book.
- Take a quick walk to clear your mind.
- Write down three things you're grateful for today.
- Take a few deep breaths to relax your mind and body.
- Perform a random act of kindness — check out our list of 109 suggestions for kind acts.
- Call or text to check in with a family member.
- Complete a five-minute workout.
- Drink a glass of water.
- Stretch and use a foam roller to work out the kinks in your body.
- Put on sunscreen to protect your skin.
- Adjust your posture.
- Do a breast check.
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Make an appointment for a health or dental checkup.
- Make plans to meet up with a professional contact to network.
- Write a recommendation for someone on LinkedIn, and request for one back in return or from someone else.
- Add more LinkedIn connections, and clean your list.
- Email to check in with a professional contact.
- Delegate an item to someone else, and email them to assign it to them.
- Start documenting your work wins, or update your work-wins document.
- Update your résumé.
- Clear your desk to optimize your work space.
- Plan your meals for the rest of the week.
- Set an automatic backup for your files.
- Go through your mail.
- Knock off a five-minute task from your to-do list.
- Make your bed. This will set the tone for the rest of the day.
- Clean each room of the house.
- Make a natural all-purpose cleaner with vinegar and lemons.
- Add a plant to purify the air and to make your home look more serene.
- Put things back where they belong.
- Register as an organ donor.
- Get yourself measured for a properly fitting bra.
- Listen to a five-minute podcast.
- Attempt to do a task you've been procrastinating. Who knows, you may continue after the five minutes. Even if you don't, you can resolve to work at it for five minutes each day to prevent yourself from procrastinating again.