Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe were once one of Hollywood's hottest It couples, but their wedding was actually pretty low-key. The pair first met at Reese's 21st birthday party in March 1997 and got engaged a year later. While the two eventually got divorced in 2007 — and Reese has since moved on with Jim Toth — Reese and Ryan have remained friends as they coparent their two children, Ava, 17, and Deacon, 13. Take a walk down memory lane and relive their wedding with these five quick facts.
- The wedding took place in Charleston, SC. Reese and Ryan said "I do" on June 5, 1999, at the Old Wide Awake Plantation along the Stono River.
- Reese was several months pregnant at the time. The actress welcomed daughter Ava into the world just three months later.
- Reese's wedding dress was extraspecial. It was designed by her costumer from her 1998 film Pleasantville.
- It was an emotional ceremony. Not only were there tears involved, but Reese's dad, John, walked her down the aisle during sunset.
- Guests dined on Southern food. After the ceremony, a reception was held inside the plantation home and guests were treated to food from local caterer Callie White.
- Reese and Ryan capped off their night in the Grand Mansion Suite of the Wentworth Mansion. They also spent their honeymoon there.