The first day of Summer is June 21, and what better way to celebrate the kickoff than with a festival? Unlike any other event you'll attend this year, POPSUGAR Play/Ground is two full days packed with inspiring chats with our favorite celebrities and other influential woman, workouts from the fitness gurus who motivate us, pop-up shopping with the hottest brands out there, and tons more eye-catching experiences at every turn. To get a feel for all the fun, check out all the pictures from last year's Play/Ground, then read on for more details about what we're cooking up for 2019.
What Is POPSUGAR Play/Ground?
Play/Ground offers a variety of experiences that are focused on playing and staying grounded (get it?). At POPSUGAR, we're all about learning what powers your happy — whether it's a morning yoga class, your favorite cocktail, a marathon shopping session, or something totally different — and Play/Ground is all about doing the things that make you feel your best while discovering new ways to be fulfilled and inspired. You can choose your own adventure when it comes to what you want to take in — your ticket is an all-access pass to a full day or weekend of events! Here's a rundown of the villages you'll see this year:
- The Playground: Yes, there's an actual playground where you can truly goof around like a kid again (while getting some great snaps for Instagram) — last year, we had a giant slide and ball pit!
- The Main Stage: This is where you'll grab a seat to take in inspiring panels and chats with our A-list lineup.
- Sugar Studios: This is where the workout magic will happen! It's a fitness dome packed with back-to-back workouts from favorites like the Tone It Up Girls.
- Samsung Galaxy Soul Space: Our dedicated wellness space will offer expert workshops and classes focused on spirituality and more. It's the perfect place to unwind after a workout!
- The Beauty Carnival: Step right up to experience your favorite beauty brands like never before, featuring games and giveaways.
- The Mall of the Future: Get ready to shop your all-time favorite brands and discover exciting new up-and-comers.
- The Pop Shop: Want to grab some cute Play/Ground merch? Then be sure to check out the Pop Shop, an area curated by POPSUGAR editors that will feature exclusive collaborations and limited edition Play/Ground products (we're partial to the on-trend tie-dye sweatshirt). Plus, the space will feature fireside chats from business leaders, designers, artists, and more on our Pop Shop Stage.
When Is POPSUGAR Play/Ground?
The festival will take place June 22-23 2019, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. VIP tickets come with exclusive access from 9 a.m to 10 a.m.
Where Is It Taking Place?
Come hang with us at Pier 94 in New York City, New York.
Who Is Headlining the Festival?
Our 2019 Play/Ground headliners will be Chrissy Teigen, Mandy Moore, Camila Mendes, Issa Rae, and Tone It Up's Karena Dawn and Katrina Scott. Many more stars and panelists will be announced in the coming weeks, so be sure to check back for updates!
How Much Are Tickets?
Play/Ground tickets are $55 for single day General Admission and $90 for both Saturday and Sunday. VIP tickets are $200, which will get you early access, specialized panel seating, exclusive access to our VIP area, and a gift bag worth over $300! Buy tickets here.
What Should I Wear?
We're firm believers that comfort is key, so throw on whatever you feel your best in! If you're planning on working out, you might want to pack a change of clothes or rock your favorite athleisure. We've got tons of outfit ideas if you're stumped, and we also recommend checking out our official Play/Ground merch ahead of the festival so you can rock something stylish and comfy all weekend long.
What Booths Will Be at POPSUGAR Play/Ground?
Wondering what brands you'll see represented at the festival? Here's a rundown, with more to come!