Leslie Jones further sealed her national-treasure status while announcing the 2020 Emmy nominations. Despite the fact that her live-streamed presenting gig took place early Tuesday morning — at 8:30 a.m. PDT, to be exact — the actress brought 11-a.m.-post-three-cups-of-coffee levels of energy and quite literally had us doubling over with laughter from start to finish. While revealing the nominees with a little help from Laverne Cox, Josh Gad, and Tatiana Maslany, Leslie hilariously praised her favorite shows and actors as they scored nods, including Insecure, The Handmaid's Tale, and first-time nominee Zendaya. A few standout moments and quotes worth reliving include:
- Pretty much every time she said Tatiana's name
- "THE GOOD PLACE!!! AHHHH!"
- When she dramatically read out the drama series nominees
- "OH MY GOD, ZENDAYAAAA! I'm so proud of you, Zendaya!"
- Her facial expression after uttering "The Mandalorian"
- "Congratulations, Octavia! Regina! Oh my goodness, this is a great day."
- When she had to convince a very confused Laverne Cox that she was, in fact, nominated
In short, Leslie is the hype woman we all need in our lives, and this stint has made us *that* much more excited to see her host the Supermarket Sweep reboot. Watch the star present the Emmy nominations in the video above for your daily dose of LOLs. Is it just us, or does she deserve her own freakin' Emmy for this performance alone?