Just a Casual Collection of the Steamiest, Sexiest Lines From the Bridgerton Book Series
Season one of Netflix's period drama series, Bridgerton — based on the book series of the same name — left us hot and bothered, and dare we say, burning for more. (We've replayed that spoon scene like a million times.) It's obvious author Julia Quinn has a way with words. Luckily for us, we don't have to wait for a second season to find out what happens next for the Bridgerton clan. With nine books in the Bridgeton series, that means nine times the passion, nine times the drama, and nine times the amount of steamy love scenes. If you're yearning for a sexy sneak peak of what's to come, we've compiled a list of the most arousing, sensual quotes from the series. Be forewarned, you may need a tall glass of iced water and a fan nearby.
Book 1: The Duke and I
- "His mouth captured hers, trying to show her with his kiss what he was still learning to express in words."
- "Simon stopped breathing until her forefinger touched his nipple, and then his hand shot up to cover hers. 'I want you,' he said. Her eyes flicked downward, and her lips curved ever so slightly. 'I know.'"
- "'Tonight,' he whispered, his voice hoarse and hot in her ear, 'I will make you mine.'"
- "Now — now that he had her in his arms, her breath fast and uneven with desire, her eyes glazed with need she couldn't possibly comprehend — now he thought he might explode."
- "But the rest — how she would feel, how she would taste — he could only imagine. And Lord, how he'd been imagining it. Despite his composed demeanor, despite all of his promises to Anthony, he burned for her."
Book 2: The Viscount Who Loved Me
- "I desire you. I burn for you. I can't sleep at night for wanting you."
- "And if I hear one more word of nonsense from your lips, I'm going to have to tie you to the bloody bed and have my way with you a hundred different ways."
- "His only answer was a low growl of need."
- ""What are you doing?" she whispered against his lips. He gave her a lopsided grin, as one of his fingers slid inside. "Making you feel really, really good?" She moaned, which pleased him."
Book 3: An Offer From a Gentleman
- "'You're mine,' he said, his eyes never leaving hers as he slid inside . . . 'And I'm yours.'"
- "His lips found her cheek, her chin, her neck, and every kiss, every nibble robbed her of balance and breath. She was sure her legs would give out, sure her strength would fail her under his tender onslaught, and just when she was convinced she'd crumple to the floor, he scooped her into his arms and carried her to the bed."
- "'I need you.' He pressed his hips hotly against hers. 'Do you feel how I need you?'"
- "Benedict began to move within her, slowly stroking when what he really wanted to do was let go completely."
- "She was quickening beneath him, and every wiggle, every squirm whipped up his own frenzy of desire. He was trying to be extra gentle for her, but she was making it so damn hard to hold back."
Book 4: Romancing Mr. Bridgerton
- "There wasn't a woman alive who could go from point A to B without stopping at C, D, X, and 12 along the way."
- "And then he looked at her with such a hot, masterful expression that Penelope's bones went straight to water."
Book 5: To Sir Phillip, With Love
- "He could drown in those eyes."
Book 6: When He Was Wicked
- "'Did you want to know what I did when I was wicked? Do you want me to tell you?' he murmured."
- "He tried not to notice that her hair was loose. He tried not to see that she was wearing her nightclothes. They were demure, yes, but still meant to be removed, and his gaze kept dipping to the silken hem."
- "His lips at her temple, his hand against her hair. Whispering her name. Whispering other words as well."
- "It was the sort of kiss that seduced with subtlety, sent tingles through her body and left her desperate for more."
Book 7: It's In His Kiss
- "'Will you be quiet?' he asked, smiling down at her. She nodded . . . she planted her hands on her hips, which had to be a ludicrous position, naked as she was from the waist up. 'All right,' he acceded, 'but the only words I'll allow from your mouth are, 'Oh, Gareth,' and 'Yes, Gareth.' He lifted his finger. 'What about 'More, Gareth?'"
- "She felt the breath leave her body as tingles of electricity rushed across her skin. Her lips parted, but she had nothing to say, not a single word."
- "'Twenty-two years, and I want to hear it from your lips.' She moaned when he slipped a finger inside of her."
Book 8: On The Way to the Wedding
- "And his mouth — she knew that mouth, the look of it, the feel of it."
- "Lucy could feel herself slipping, sliding into need, falling into a hazy place of love and desire where right was not quite identifiable from wrong."
Book 9: The Bridgertons: Happily Every After
- "He'd been waiting for a love fraught with passion and drama."
- "You may love me more, but I will love you better."