If you’re going to swaddle, do it the right way.
Use these handy steps.
- Place a square swaddle blanket in your baby’s crib like a diamond.
- Fold down the top corner toward the middle to make a flat edge.
- Lay your baby down on the blanket with the flat edge on the back of their neck.
- Put your baby’s arms flat against their body and bring one side corner across their body and tuck it underneath them, leaving an arm free.
- Fold the bottom corner up and over the shoulder of the remaining free arm.
- Fold the remaining side corner over their flat arm and across the body, tucking it under their body.