Ask the same questions every first day of school.
Make a list of questions to ask your child on every first day of school to make a little time capsule of who they are at that time. Read their previous answers every year and then compile them all to see how much they changed year to year or to see what things stayed the same over the years.
- Who is your best friend?
- What is your favorite book?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What is your favorite thing to do?