It took me a long time to create a satisfying gluten-free and dairy-free cookie that I actually wanted to eat. This. Is. The. One.
The dough will be best if you let it rest in the fridge overnight, so put on your big girl pants and don't eat the raw cookie dough! It's worth it! Resting the dough is the only way to get your gluten-free cookie to have the height of a regular cookie.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, or another bowl if you're mixerless, cream the honey and coconut oil.
- Add almond butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Carefully mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of golf balls.
- Sprinkle with a touch of sea salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes or so.
- 16 cookies
- Cook Time
- 12 minutes