If you're on the hunt for a quick and tasty detoxifying recipe, this crunchy cabbage and hemp salad is for you. If you haven't tried them yet, it's time to give hemp seeds a try. They're a great source of omega-3s and vitamin E for vegans and vegetarians, and the combination of the cold-pressed oil and seeds in this recipe gives this fresh salad a nutty flavor you'll love. Once you're done chopping and dicing a few ingredients, this refreshing, fiber-rich recipe comes together in a flash.
- 3 cups cabbage (mix of purple and green), finely shredded
- 1/4 cup red and yellow peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 avocados, diced with pit removed
- 3 tablespoons hemp oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Massage and mix with your hands to tenderize the cabbage and cream the avocado, and serve.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- 2-3 servings
- Calories per serving