Refresh your standard green salad with this produce-packed dressing from Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook It's All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great ($32). After Mindy Kaling called it "the BEST salad dressing I've ever tasted" on her Instagram, I knew I had to blend it up for myself — and I'm so glad I did!
Reminiscent of the salad dressing at your favorite sushi spot, this vitamin-A-rich blend is refreshing, sweet, nutty, and spicy, and it will soon become your new go-to dressing. Luckily, this recipe makes well over two cups, so you'll have plenty of leftovers to enjoy all week long.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sweet white miso
- 1/4 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1/2 cup grape-seed oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For salad (pictured):
- 1 head baby gem lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- Puree all the dressing ingredients together into a powerful blender until absolutely smooth.
- Liberally dress your salad, and enjoy!
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- Makes 10 servings (1/4 cup each)
- Calories per serving