Finding a quick recipe for a creamy, low-calorie, and delicious way to dress up a salad is not an easy undertaking for vegans. Keep things simple in the kitchen with this hemp seed dressing.
Hemp seeds are a great source of omega-3s and vitamin E, and their nutty flavor and creamy texture lay the base for the dressing. When blended with fresh citrus juice and extra-virgin olive oil, you'll be surprised how quickly you'll reach the smooth and creamy consistency you're looking for. Even better, this low-calorie, flavorful recipe is free of preservatives and low in sugar.
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Blend all the ingredients together until creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for later use.
- Salads, Condiments/Sauces, Dressings
- North American
- Makes 1/2 cup of dressing, or eight one-tablespoon servings.