For a pre- or post-workout snack, banana smeared with peanut butter couldn't be easier. The banana offers quick carbs, and the peanut butter offers a little protein — it's a match made in snack heaven.
If you eat half a medium banana (53 calories) with one tablespoon of peanut butter (95 calories), it only offers 4.6 grams of protein. That's not much if you're looking to fuel your muscles after an intense workout. Here's an easy way to increase the protein to 13.6 grams, and it's only 158 calories.
These can be premade and stored in the fridge to make this quick snack even faster.
- Half medium banana
- Half tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 oz. vanilla protein powder
- Slice the banana in half lengthwise.
- Mix peanut butter and protein powder together in a small bowl. Add a few drops of water, and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Smear nut butter mixture on one half of the banana, and top with the other half.
Source: Calorie Count
- 1 serving
- Cook Time
- 5 mins
- Calories per serving