The USA women's gymnastics team won the team gold today in Rio, with Russia taking the silver and China the bronze.
Yes, there was a serious amount of hype about this team of five leading up to the Olympics, so winning gold doesn't seem like much of a surprise. But the Final Five, as the team has named itself since future Olympic gymnastics teams will only have four members, lived up to the hype. They won by an eight-point margin — which is practically unheard of in women's gymnastics.
A Few Details:
- Aly Raisman killed it on beam and stuck all her landings in floor — "solid" is the word.
- Simone Biles's performance was fierce and full of energy. The height she gets when competing is incredible.
- Laurie Hernandez might or might not have winked at the judges before her powerful floor routine.
- Madison Kocian killed it on bars and stuck the landing with pride.
- Gabby Douglas flew while competing on bars.
You now know the outcome, but we think you should still watch the competition for the amazing performances — not just from the US team, but from all the competitors as well.