If you're over PB & Js, you may want to try this delicious grilled Nutella sandwich from our friends at Paleohacks.
I think we can all agree that sandwiches are a simple, go-to lunch or snack option. While the usual 'wich calls for a savory meat, I decided to try something on the sweeter side . . . like making grilled sandwiches stuffed with gooey chocolate. (You're welcome.)
Trust me when I say that chocolate on a sandwich makes for one really amazing postdinner snack.
However, it can be tricky to find a quality Paleo sandwich bread. Luckily, I had some Julian Bakery Paleo Bread on hand for this kitchen experiment. It's made with organic coconut flour, is absolutely Paleo-approved, and has that perfect fluffy "bread" texture.
This recipe also calls for "Nutella," and while we all love the original, there's no denying that it's chock-full of sugar. So I went with this Dark Hazelnut Spread, a healthier and sugar-free option that offers that creamy, indulgent cocoa taste. With that said, this may become your daily breakfast (or dessert) option. You've been warned.
- 2 pieces Julian Bakery Paleo Bread
2 tablespoons sugar-free dark hazelnut spread
1 teaspoon ghee
- Spread 1 piece of bread with 1/2 teaspoon ghee on one side and dark hazelnut spread on the other and place the ghee side down in a skillet.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon ghee on the other piece of bread and place the ghee side up on top of the other piece.
- Heat until bread turns golden brown and then carefully flip with a spatula, heating the other side.
- Enjoy, preferably with a glass of vanilla almond milk!
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds