If you have trouble winding down when it comes time for bed, you're not alone. Whip up this DIY sleepy body lotion, filled with calming lavender and ylang-ylang oil extracts, for a little peace of mind. Apply before bedtime for a relaxing (and moisturizing) night's sleep!
- 3 tablespoons almond oil
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 2 teaspoons cocoa butter
- 2 teaspoons beeswax pellets
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops ylang-ylang essential oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable glycerin
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 25 drops natural purple food coloring
- Before beginning, wash all containers and equipment thoroughly and sanitize in boiling water.
- Place a heatproof glass bowl over a pot of simmering water and add almond oil, jojoba oil, cocoa butter, and beeswax. Heat until melted and pour into a small glass container. Stir in lavender and ylang-ylang oils.
- Add glycerin and mix with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy. Add food coloring to water and, with blender running, slowly add to oil mixture in a thin stream. Continue blending until lotion is completely emulsified.
- Transfer to a covered glass jar and store in refrigerator.
- 1 4 oz. jar
- Total Time
- 30 minutes