- 1 large spaghetti squash
Canola oil spray
2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
1 tablespoon ghee
1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
1 cup low-fat milk
1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus 1 teaspoon as optional garnish
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes as optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut the spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Spray the center of both halves of the squash with cooking spray and place cut side up on a cookie sheet. Roast until tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven, and let cool. Once it's safe to handle, scrape the flesh into a large bowl. Add the steamed broccoli florets to the bowl, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the ghee on medium heat, and whisk in the whole wheat flour. Add the milk, and whisk quickly. Turn heat down to low, add the cheddar and 1/2 cup grated parmesan to the saucepan, and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the spaghetti squash and broccoli mixture, and toss until all the squash is covered.
- Dish into 4 portions, and top off with the salt and pepper to taste, plus red pepper flakes and extra parmesan if you wish!
- Pasta, Main Dishes
- North American
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving