Not a fan of protein powder? No worries — this strawberries 'n' cream protein smoothie packs a whopping 34 grams of protein, thanks to the powerhouse ingredient — cottage cheese. With chia seeds and whole fruit, you'll gain tons of nutritional benefits: magnesium; fiber; vitamins C, B, and D; calcium; iron; potassium . . . the list goes on!
And If you're craving a strawberry milkshake, swap the ice cream drink for one of these — it's cool, creamy, and fruity with tons of nutrition from whole ingredients. Plus, a restaurant's strawberry milkshake can run you upwards of 100 grams of sugar. Terrifying, right? The sugar content in this smoothie comes from natural sources (fruit and honey), so you know exactly what you're putting in your body when you're treating yourself.
This recipe uses So Delicious unsweetened vanilla coconut milk. Substitute dairy, almond milk, or any plant-based milk alternative to adjust based on dietary and taste preferences.
- 8 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup cottage cheese (low-fat optional)
- 1/4 cup vanilla unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- First, add cottage cheese, coconut milk (or substitute), honey, and vanilla extract to a blender. This is to ensure the honey is smoothly blended, and doesn't harden from the frozen fruit.
- Once the "cream" base has been created, add in the frozen fruit, and blend on high until smooth. Add additional coconut milk (or substitute) to thin it out, if necessary.
- Add chia seeds last, either stirring or blending in, depending on preference. Enjoy immediately for a frosty breakfast treat, snack, post-workout shake, or dessert.
Source: Calorie Counter
- Drinks, Smoothies
- 1 serving
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Calories per serving